torsdag 16 december 2010

The 12 Days of Christmas - Day Ten

Forgiveness Focuses Forward

Look not back on yesterday
So full of failure and regret;
Look ahead and seek God's way--
All sin confessed you must forget.

- Dennis DeHaan

    "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12-14 (NIV)
    "As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us." Psalm 103:12 (NIV)
Forgiveness Focuses Forward

As we come to the end of the year, so often we look back with regret on things we did not accomplish, or resolutions long forgotten. But sin is one thing we should never need to look back on with feelings of failure. If we have confessed our sins and asked God's forgiveness we simply need to keep a forward focus toward the goal of pleasing Christ.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar