onsdag 22 september 2010

More about that Name

Dear friends:
Here are some further thoughts about the name of Jesus.
In our secularized and politically correct culture, worldly wisdom tells people that all religions are just different paths to the same God. Do not allow the world to cause you to be timid or weaken your testimony for our risen Lord.
At worst, in the free nations of the world, you may be ridiculed and criticized, but that is a small price to pay. Never be ashamed of our Lord Jesus, who died for us.
It is an emphatic and repeated message of God's Word that "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).
It is illogical that all religions are correct because they conflict with each other. Truth cannot contradict itself. And the truth is exactly what our Lord Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).
We know from the Bible that there is an invisible spirit world surrounding us. I am persuaded that when the name "Jesus" is spoken in the physical world, things happen in the spirit world. Calling upon that name brings salvation and deliverance. "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved" (Romans 10:13), or "delivered" (Joel 2:32, KJV).
Devils recognize that name and no doubt tremble in fear, because Jesus defeated their master, and when His name is invoked, it destroys their influence. In Acts 19, some Jews were trying to cast out evil spirits, and one day "the evil spirit answered them, "Jesus I know, and I know about Paul, but who are you?" (Acts 19:15).
The Lord also told us to use His name when we pray. "I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name" (John 16:23). Only Jesus, the Son, came to represent the Father. Only the name of Jesus carries credibility in heaven. There is no other name under heaven given to men that can do what the name of Jesus can do.
Whatever your need, call upon that name, referenced in the Old Testament: "He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him" (Psalm 91:15).
Yours for fulfilling the Great Commission
each year until our Lord returns,

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar